Monday, May 30, 2011

Yes, you are a creep.

"Hello, Hi," said the man in the dark colored sedan who pulled up along side me, a young woman walking alone along a residential street at midnight on a Sunday, "Not to be a stalker or anything, but I thought you have a wonderful style and I wondered if I could say 'Hi'."

I waved and said "Good-bye."

He drove ahead and turned at the next intersection, and I ran the rest of the way home along, what seemed for the first time, streets that were entirely too well lit, all the while listening for a car following me.  I thought I could hear him driving up and down blocks in my neighborhood.


Sir, whatever your intentions truly were, you were creepy.  You ruined my evening.  Why did you think that was OK?  Was I supposed to be grateful that some dude I've never met thought I looked good in the dark?  Does that line ever work?

No comments:

Post a Comment