Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Anti-Consumerist X-mas Prezzies

Now that Christmas is over, I can share with the interwebz what I made for some lucky friends without ruining the surprise.

As per usual I opted not to buy gifts because I am both poor and thrifty. But this year I thought I'd step up the anti-commercial symbolism a notch - by making elegant jewelry out of high interest credit cards.

Of course, I had to be a consumer in order to get the hardware for these stunning ornaments. (Here's where I plug Dava Bead and Trade, which has every imaginable piece of hardware for jewelry making you could possibly imagine for ridiculously small prices.)

Below is a gallery of some of the pieces I made. I'd consider marketing these, but I'm (thankfully) almost out of credit cards. Unless someone wants to commission a piece using their own cards, but that might be weird.











2 comments: