Sunday, December 5, 2010

3 Weeks Sick and Counting...

3 weeks ago, I biked home in a rainstorm so heavy that I felt like I was biking upstream. And then immediately got sick. An annoying cold has turned into obnoxious bronchitis, which according to medical experts on the internets, should be leaving me soon.

So, I haven't been able to get much of anything done, much less blog. When I finally get well, I've got a to-do list about 3 miles long.

In the meantime, I've been using up all my sick days and vacation time and then, when that ran out, working very slowly. One of my co-workers, Super-Sweet-Shawna, has been bringing me oranges everyday and making sure I have hot tea.

When at home, I've been resting and watching old episodes of Psych (Ooh! There's a new one!) and playing a game of Secret of Mana that I started a year ago. Neither I, nor Crayon, have been getting any exercise. By the time I'm finally well enough to bike to work again, I'm going to be so ridiculously out of shape that I won't be able.

Boyfriend made me turkey stew. When that ran out, we got some Vegan Ramen.

Now I have a whole weekend to rest! If I'm not better by the end of it, I guess I'd better actually use this health insurance I've got. After almost a decade without insurance, it's not really my first reaction to call a doctor. Or even second or third.

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! so sorry to hear you've been so sick. Glad you've actually got insurance now though. Hope you are better soon soon soon!

    ReplyDelete