Friday, November 26, 2010

T-Shirt Epiphany

So last week I was riding the MAX home (I know, I know, but I'm sick, and it's cold!) and as I was being thrown back and forth across the bridge, I thought about T-shirts.

I have a large collection of T-shirts. I used to wear them. My mother and my sister gave me a bunch a while back. I've been picking them up from free boxes on the side of the road (if they're kind of neat). T-shirts are made from nice material, and I thought I could use them to make amazing things: blouses, skirts, dresses, blankets, etc.

But I haven't gotten very far.

But last week, I had a T-shirt epiphany. Here's the pattern I drew as soon as I got home:



And it worked! I now have plans to cut down my T-shirt pile somewhat.

Here's my test:



And the back:



Complete with Snow White sleeves.

1 comment: